Applying the Records Management AMP files
|alfresco-rm-2.0.1-147.amp||This AMP contains the additional Records Management functionality that is applied to an existing Alfresco installation.|
|alfresco-rm-share-2.0.1-147.amp||This AMP file contains the additional Records Management functionality that is applied to an existing Alfresco Share user interface. The functionality should be applied to the tomcat/webapps/share directory.|
The following procedure applies the Records Management AMP files to an existing Alfresco Enterprise 4.0.2 running in a Tomcat application server.
If you are using an application server other than Tomcat, use the Module Management Tool (MMT) to install the AMP files. If you are using the MMT, you must apply the alfresco-rm-share-2.0.1-147.amp to the share.war file.
- Move the alfresco-rm-2.0.1-147.amp file to the amps directory.
- Move the alfresco-rm-share-2.0.1-147.amp file to the amps_share directory.
- Stop the Alfresco server.
- Run the apply_amps -force command, which is in the /bin directory of the root Alfresco directory.
This command applies all the AMP files that are located in the amps and amps_share directories.Attention: If you are using Records Management 2.0.0 or 2.0.1, the alfresco-mmt.jar program called by the apply_amps.sh script file needs to use the -force option. This is required as Records Management overwrites core Alfresco files.Note: For Linux, edit the CATALINA_HOME variable, as needed.
- Start the Alfresco server.
- Start Alfresco Share by browsing to:
At this point, the required Records Management module is installed, and your next step is to add the Records Management dashlet.